This article (below) summarizes a number of steps necessary to secure the PTAL. All students are strongly advised to read the California documents on the OCG website: http://ocg.sgu.edu/
Below are some tips and directions for completing the ONLINE METHOD for the PTAL from previous residents who have completed the process of attaining their PTAL forms for California Licensure:
- Visit https://elicense.dca.ca.gov/iLicense/iLicense and register for a new license application.
- Pay the fee (approximatley $491) for the application and fingerprints.
- Print your receipt (you can download it as a PDF by going to the “view final instructions” link and then clicking on the “view receipt” link) and upload this PDF receipt to OASIS as the PTAL (or mail it to ECFMG with a document submission form).
- Do your fingerprinting (LiveScan in California or they will mail you a fingerprint card to take to a police station). If you need them to mail you the fingerprint card, you can call: 916-263-2382 or you can email email@example.com .
- Important: You will need to submit your PTAL as one of your available LOR spots for California residencies.
- Keep track of all your L6 forms for eventual submission (they are not currently required to be submitted for the PTAL for ERAS as ERAS only wants proof that you’ve registered and are planning to submit all L6 forms when you can). Remember that the CMB now requires that all L6 forms come directly from the hospital.
- To complete your PTAL application, you will also need to submit your L1, L2, and L5 forms along with your L6 forms. Some of these forms are to be submitted just prior to graduating. Please ensure you follow all directions on the California website.
- Once you have received your official PTAL document, you’ll need to upload that to OASIS in place of the receipt you originally uploaded.
Please also ensure that you read the OCG guide for California: http://ocg.sgu.edu/residency-selection/location-specific-training/